THE AHEC SCHOLARS PROGRAM invites second to third year undergraduate students to discover interprofessional team-based education dialogue and experiences to enhance access to quality health care in your community.
THE AHEC SCHOLARS IS ALL ABOUT
- Understanding the health issues in communities that are considered rural and urban underserved.
- Learning opportunities to address patient centered health care.
- Specialized personal development to make you “stand out” from the others.
- Receiving mentoring and support from your university, community, and other health professionals.
- Obtaining a monetary stipend for completing the required training and experiential hours.
Join the Northeast Ohio Area Health Education Center Program on Zoom for an informational session on August 23 from 6:00 to 6:30 p.m. For more information, visit neomed.edu/scholars-program.
First consideration is given to applicants from groups underrepresented in the health care professions.
-Submitted by Patricia Thornborough