The College of Pharmacy’s Research and Scholarship committee is excited to share the following accomplishments of its faculty and students throughout the fall semester:
Fosnight S. “Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Program”, Supplemental funding for Nursing Facility Education. Department of Health and Human Services Agency for Health Resources and Services Administration, July 2022-June 2023, $44,000. Co-Investigator
- Amin K, Fuschetto K. APhA’s Pharmacy-Based Immunization Administration by Pharmacy Technicians Certificate Training Program. Rootstown, OH. August 2022.
- Amin K, Fuschetto K. APhA’s The Pharmacist & Patient-Centered Diabetes Care Certificate Training Program. Rootstown, OH. August 2022.
- English C, Nichols S, Ott CA, Paxos C. Prep Series Q&A session. CPNP Prep Series. American Association of Psychiatric Pharmacists. Available at: www.cpnp.org. August 2022.
- Paxos C. Review of long-acting injectable antipsychotics and pharmacist administration. OPA Pharmacist Training Program for Long-Acting Injectables. Columbus, OH. September 2022.
- Cober MP. Math Does Count: Calculation Review for the NAPLEX. Invited Co-Lecturer. Pediatric Pharmacy Association Fall Meeting – Student Programming, Columbus, OH. September 2022.
- Cober MP. Math is Not Your Student’s Friend: How to Teach Pharmacy Math Using Pediatric Patients. Invited Co-Lecturer. Pediatric Pharmacy Association Fall Meeting, Columbus, OH. September 2022.
- Cober, MP. Enhancing Your Focus: Tools to Improve Productivity. Invited Co-Lecturer. Pediatric Pharmacy Association Fall Meeting, Columbus, Ohio.
- Cober, MP. NICU Pearls and Controversies. Invited Co-Lecturer. Chicagoland Critical Care Conference, University of Illinois Chicago, College of Pharmacy, and Ann & Robert Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. Virtual Webinar. August 2022.
- Light, J, Chan R, Fredrickson ME, Holbrooks R. Zivak N, Volsko TA. Impact of a Pharmacy Appointment-Based Adherence Packaging and Consultation Program on Secondary Care Utilization in a Behavioral Health Population. American College of Clinical Pharmacy Global Conference. Scientific Poster Presentations. October 2022.
- Appleman M, Bracken R, Fredrickson, LA. Fredrickson ME. The Intersection of Generation Z, Health Professions Education and COVID-19: A Litmus Test for Educator Perseverance. Family Medicine Education Consortium National Conference. Lecture Discussion. Arlington, Virginia. September 2022.
- Marchiano, J. Pharmacotherapy for Cognitive and Behavioral Symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease. CE presentation, Chapter Meeting, Akron Area of Health-System Pharmacists. September 2022.
- Marchiano, J. Navigating Wellness During COVID-19: Perspectives from Across Pharmacy. ASHP Podcast, September 2022.
- King C, Hoffman A, Bowen M. SICP Educational Steering Committee: Therapeutics: Aspirin Use for Primary Prevention. ASHP Podcast. October 2022.
- Gustafson KA, Boyle J. Wellness in the Workplace – We are in this together! OPA Midyear Meeting. Columbus Ohio. November 6, 2022.
- Wisneski, SS. From Desegregation to Diversity & Inclusion. Webinar AACP History of Pharmacy SIG. November 10, 2022.
- Wisneski, SS. Opioid Use During the Civil War Era: Implications for Addiction. NEOMED Pharmaceutical Sciences Seminar Series. Podium Presentation, November 4, 2022.
- Dass. AK. OCCP Fall Meeting. Monkeypox. October 28, 2022.
- Ammon N, Stovsky E, Dugan SE. A Novel Approach to Interprofessional Education Using Simulation of the Project ECHO®️ Model. IPEC Poster Fair. Virtual Conference. November 2022.
- Boyle J, Gustafson K. Wellness in the Workplace – We are in this together! Podium Presentation given at the Ohio Pharmacists Association Midyear Meeting. Columbus, OH. November 2022.
- Agler A, Boyle J. There’s Glass Everywhere: Gender Inequity in Pharmacy. Podium Presentation given at the Ohio Society of Health-System Pharmacists Annual Meeting and Residency Showcase. Columbus, OH. November 2022.
- Cober MP. Parenteral Nutrition Advanced Ordering, Compounding, and Stability: Compatibilities in Parenteral Nutrition, American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, Webinar, October 2022.
- Fosnight S, Drost J, Chrzanowski B Clay D, Bibbo J. A healthcare and community provider integrated interprofessional team. A virtual mentoring mode. Nexus Summit 2022,Virtual presentation.. 9-13-22.
- Fuschetto, K., Amin, K., Gothard, M., & Merico, E. “Evaluating the role of Pharmacy Technician-administered vaccines.” Journal of Pharmacy Practice, August 6, 2022, doi.org/10.1177/08971900221117893.
- Mills K, Hill C, King M, Pauley JL, Cober MP, Fenn NE, Omecene NE. Just DOAC: use of direct-acting oral anticoagulants in pediatrics. AJHP.
- Jenkins L, Fredrickson ME, Amin K. Preparing for the APPE season: how pharmacy schools can help students make the most of their APPE draft picks. CPTL Pulses. 2022 August. Available at: https://cptlpulses.com/2022/08/30/preparing-for-appe-picks/.
- Miller J, Fredrickson ME, Greene J, Jay M, Oyewumi O. Reimagining Drug Manufacturing Paradigm in Today's Pharmacy Landscape. Jour Amer Pharm Assoc. 2022. Accepted for publication
- Ozbay N, King BS, Gothard MD, King CA. Assessing appropriate panel size and optimization of quality metrics for ambulatory care pharmacists in the primary care setting. AJHP. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajhp/zxac271
- Sadana P (corresponding author), Edler M, Aghayev M, Arias-Alvarado A, Cohn E, Ilchenko S, Piontkivska H, Pillai JA, Kashyap S, and Kasumov T. Metabolic labeling unveils alterations in the turnover of HDL-associated proteins during diabetes progression in mice. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab – manuscript accepted – publication pending.
- Conrad-Bracken R, Fredrickson ME, Fredrickson LA, Appleman M. Generational Situatedness: Challenging Generational Stereotypes in Health Professions Education. Medical Teacher. https://doi.org/10.1080/0142159X.2022.2135428
- Paxos C. Moving beyond first-line treatment options for OCD. Ment Health Clin [Internet]. 2022;12(5):300-8.
- Accepted: Gustafson KA, Bates B, Kline C, Gothard D. Concurrent validity of the professional fulfillment index in a sample of pharmacy residents and preceptors. AJHP. 2022. (Citation pending.)
- Gibson CM, Larson S, Behnen EM, Dugan SE, Moody AE, Wagner JL. Feeding the Soul via Creation of a Suborganization to Promote a Sense of Community. Am J Pharm Ed. Oct 2022. 86(7):8927.
- Brown DK, Hazelett S, Drost J, Hovland CA, Kropp D, Chrzanowski BL, Fosnight SM, Sanders M, Neiderriter J, Patton R, Radwany S, Ahmed RA. A multi-step education model for advancing competence in geriatrics and interprofessional collaboration for health students. Gerontology and Geriatrics Education 2022; DOI: 10.1080/02701960.2022.2104842.
Dass, AK. Worked with Society of Infectious Diseases Pharmacist Task Force to develop a toolkit for Oral Antivirals for COVID-19. Available here: SIDP - COVID-19 Oral Antivirals Toolkit
-- Submitted by Liz Fredrickson, Pharm.D., firstname.lastname@example.org.