I am excited to announce an outstanding scholarship opportunity program made available through the AMA Foundation.
The Physicians of Tomorrow Scholarship program offers seven national awards and two regional awards, all awards valued at $10,000 (except for one award which is $5,000). These are outstanding opportunities, and we have had multiple NEOMED students receive these prestigious awards. Please reach out to me at email@example.com with any questions that you may have.
There is a nomination process for the awards. NEOMED is able to nominate only a specific number of students per award. While you can apply internally for multiple awards, ultimately you can be nominated for only one. Only medical students who will be entering their fourth year in the fall of 2022 are eligible.
We ask that interested students provide the below application materials by the end of the day (11:59 p.m. ET) on Monday, Jan. 31. You will need to submit a letter of recommendation; I highly recommend that you ask your reference as soon as possible to provide ample time to write the letter.
The dean’s designee will select nominees for each award and then the nominees will work with the Office of Financial Aid to complete your application by the deadline of Feb. 28.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org in one application packet:
• CV or resume;
• Personal statement outlining your career goals in the field of medicine. Please review specific award criteria below and craft your essay so that it meets the mission of the award(s);
• Letter of recommendation from a faculty member at NEOMED. Please review specific award criteria below and share with your reference so that they may craft your letter so that it meets the mission of the award(s); and
• Please indicate which award(s) you would like to be considered for in the body of your email with your application submission.
• Students must be nominated through the medical school dean's office or the dean's designate.
• Must be a rising final-year student (third-year students who are approaching their final year of medical school, set to graduate in May/June 2023). If a student is in a five-year program, dual-degree program, or taking a year off for research, they can be nominated either at the end of their third year or prior to their final year in medical school.
• Must be currently enrolled in a fully accredited United Staes allopathic or osteopathic medical school.
• Must be permanent residents or citizens of the United States, or have DACA status.
Note: AMA membership or non-membership is not taken into consideration when determining the recipients.
All scholarship submissions will be considered with financial need and academic excellence in mind. Contact Office of Financial Aid with any application questions at email@example.com.
Submitted by Sarah Moore, assistant director of admissions and financial aid