Origo Branding Company, is a Columbus-based, 30-year full-service digital agency, that helps clients build their brand story through effective web strategies. The breadth of their experience in higher education, community and health care is exceptional and their work is results-driven. With clients such as The Ohio State University, Cardinal Health, the State of Ohio and Abbott Nutrition, they are a great fit for they are: knowledgeable about our sectors, relevant to our stakeholders and appreciative of our expectations.
So why are we telling you this?
NEOMED will begin working with Origo next week to develop a comprehensive web strategy and ultimately redesign NEOMED.edu. Our website serves as the most robust external access channel to the University for audiences who seek information, who need to be engaged and who want to get involved. When combined with yours truly, The Pulse, we will have the owned media necessary to engage both internal and external audiences.
As the University continues to fulfill its mission educating physicians, pharmacists, researchers and other health professionals; interprofessionally; with a passion for diversity; serving the underserved; and responding to the shortages of primary care within our communities – EVERYONE should know about the great work we are doing.
With that in mind, three goals have been set for the new NEOMED.edu:
- To generate and increase conversions including admissions sessions, applications and deposits to the University while improving public perception and activating the brand of the University.
- To engage current students and alumni with robust content, prideful stories and useful information.
- To engage donors, supporters and friends of the University to continue to serve as contributors and advocates for the ongoing success of the University.
Over a year in the making
While a partner has been selected to do the heavy lifting, there has been much hard work by many behind the scenes to get us to where we are today:
- Research and usability studies with staff, faculty, alumni, influencers and current students as well as prospective students were completed.
- NEOMED site analytics have been monitored and reviewed.
- A competitive analysis encompassing several university sites was performed.
- Best practices in information architecture, user experience, optimization, etc. were analyzed.
- Experiences working with web redesigns as well as graduate/professional students were brought to the table by NEOMED staff members.
- A new home page redesign (in advance of the full site redesign) was A-B tested for feasibility/assumption testing and increased engagement until the new site is launched.
- RFI and RFP processes to vet industry experienced, proven vendors were used.
- A committee of internal stakeholders was created.
Everything of which you’ve desired and have shown patience is on pace to happen now. So we are thrilled to begin our adventure down this final path of delivering a new and improved NEOMED.edu. Stay tuned for progress reports as the journey continues and we prepare to launch a new website in January 2017.
We’re excited! And hope you are too!