The Office of Financial Aid is pleased to announce the application cycle for the Giant Eagle Leadership Scholarship.
The 2021-22 academic year will be the inaugural year for this outstanding scholarship opportunity.
The Giant Eagle Leadership Scholarship Fund aims to advance pharmaceutical care in our communities through the support of pharmacy students who are committed to community practice. This merit-based scholarship is designed to award exceptional and talented students who are culturally, ethnically, or racially diverse.
Priority consideration will be given to students who identify as: American Indian / Alaskan Native, Black or African American, Hispanic / Latino, or Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander.
The scholarship will support students during their third (P3) and fourth (P4) professional years. For third year (P3) student scholarship recipients, the scholarship may be renewable for the fourth (P4) professional year.
For academic year 2021-2022, two scholarships will be awarded:
- One P3 student at $10,000
- One P4 student at $10,000
Application deadline: Thursday, April 7 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
When applying, students should take into consideration the following elements:
- Students must be in/maintain good standing at the University as defined by Student Handbook (and if applicable, maintain positive employment status at Giant Eagle, Inc.).
- Students previous work at or other experiences at Giant Eagle, Inc. be taken into consideration.
- Students must have a strong interest in practicing in a community pharmacy setting.
- Students must be willing to make a commitment to Giant Eagle, Inc. internships (and other opportunities) while earning their degree.
- Students must be willing to make a commitment to Giant Eagle, Inc. employment opportunities following graduation.
- Students must be willing to make a commitment to remain in a geographic region commensurate with Giant Eagle’s service area following graduation.
The student application must be accompanied by:
- An updated curriculum vitae (CV)
- A short essay (not to exceed 500 words) that addresses should address the following: How will your leadership characteristics and qualities help to advance community pharmacy practice?
* Scholarship finalists will participate in an interview with members of the selection committee. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
Submitted by Sarah Moore, firstname.lastname@example.org.