Attention NEOMED medicine students: Sign up for free membership in the Academy of Medicine of Cleveland & Northern Ohio (AMCNO) — the regional medical association.
What do you get for this free membership? Here are some of the benefits available when you join the AMCNO:
- Free and discounted access to networking events and seminars (including CME-eligible activities)
- Opportunities to participate in community health care initiatives such as First Year Cleveland and the Northeast Ohio Opioid Consortium
- Direct practice resources, including discounts on worker’s compensation insurance
- Physician referral service
- Legislative tracking, advocacy training and opportunities to engage in Columbus and Washington DC
- Access to more than 5,000 current physician, resident and medical student members
- Participation in one of the country’s oldest medical societies—part of the Cleveland community since 1824
- Scholarship opportunities
Signing up for an AMCNO student membership is easy to do. Simply email Jen Johns JJohns@amcno.org with your name and the year you will graduate from medical school, and you will become an AMCNO medicine student member.
—Submitted by Harmony Stanger, Assistant Director, Student Affairs