Dear NEOMED Community:
Since Oct. 2014, Angela Dash, Ph.D., PCC, has been the first and only Ombuds for all students, faculty and staff. Dr. Dash’s services enable any member of the campus community to work through University-related issues, concerns and disputes in an informal and “off-the-record” way. Tough situations, if not timely and constructively managed, can negatively impact morale and performance in work and academic environments. They also act as barriers to the exceptional experience we strive to provide for our students, faculty and staff.
We would like to share that Dr. Dash will continue to offer her expertise, but as an independent contractor, working with Andre Burton, vice president for human resources and diversity, to provide training assistance. The direct services previously provided by Dr. Dash, such as issue and dispute resolution, will now be overseen by a variety of areas, including:
- Student Wellness and Counseling Services, firstname.lastname@example.org | 330.325.6757
- Student Services, email@example.com | 330.325.6735
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, firstname.lastname@example.org |330.325.6733
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), www.myimpactsolution.com, Member Login: NEOMED | 800.227.6007
Students may also bring forth University-related issues and disputes to the following individuals who can address their concerns, as well as provide resources.
- Julie Aultman, Ph.D., Vice Dean, College of Graduate Studies
- Jaclyn Boyle, Pharm.D., Assistant Dean, Student Success, College of Pharmacy
- Sandra Emerick, Ed.D., Senior Executive Director, Academic Affairs and Student Services
- Yoleetah Ilodi, M.D., Assistant Dean of Diversity, College of Medicine
- Corrie Stofcho, M.D., Assistant Dean of Student Affairs, College of Medicine
Faculty and staff will find Toccara Ball, who has served as NEOMED’s senior human resources generalist-employee relations since Aug. 2019, to be a valuable resource with whom they can discuss their concerns. In her role, she provides faculty and staff consultation and guidance on employee relations issues such as mediation, conflict resolution and formal investigations. Ms. Ball strives to facilitate healthy work relationships. Any employee seeking consultation and support should feel free to reach out directly to Ms. Ball.
NEOMED is dedicated our its students, faculty and staff. We recognize that navigating issues can, at times, be challenging. Our Human Resources Office is committed to providing guidance, resources and support as well as assisting with resolving individual or institutional conflicts.
Andre L. Burton
Vice President for Human Resources and Diversity