Dear NEOMED Students:
On behalf of NEOMED’s Office of Research and Sponsored Programs and the Committee for Student Clinical Research, we invite you to submit an abstract for the Annual NEOMED Student Research Symposium which will be held from 12:30-4:30 PM on November 19th, 2021. This is an opportunity for you to disseminate and defend your scholarly work to the greater NEOMED community, to gain further insights regarding your work, and find inspiration for future scholarship from faculty and fellow students.
We are offering you with the opportunity to present your work in a digital format in the form of a 3-to-5-minute presentation with up to 4 PowerPoint slides including the title slide (Slide 1 -Title/Contributors; Slide 2 -Purpose/Methods or Work Performed; Slide 3 - Results; Slide 4 - Conclusion). This event will be attended by the NEOMED community including faculty, students and staff, and you will be provided with opportunities for questions and feedback at the conclusion of your presentation. Your presentation can be listed on your resume or CV.
Abstract Submission Requirements are as follows:
- Students must be currently enrolled at NEOMED’s college of medicine, pharmacy, or graduate studies (including Biomedical Science students)
- Abstracts may reflect recently completed or ongoing scholarly work. Scholarly work can include research of any form (quantitative, qualitative, theoretical, community service).
- Abstracts must be submitted as a word document, which includes:
- Project title
- Contributing authors with their credentials.
- A concise and comprehensive description of the research or project performed. This includes a purpose statement, description of methods or work performed, and conclusions.
- Abstracts may be structured (with section titles such as Purpose, Methods, Results, Conclusion) if applicable or unstructured. Please see abstract examples attached.
- 250-word limit (excluding Title and Authors), Arial font, size 12; abstracts will be returned if over the word limit.
- No more than 2 abstracts can be submitted by the same author
- Abstracts must be proofread before submission; poorly written abstracts will be returned.
- Faculty advisors or mentors should be notified of your abstract submission
Please complete the following form to submit your abstract: Abstract Submission Form 2021
For your reference the Program Booklet from the 2020 Student Research Symposium is attached for your review.
Deadline for submission is Thursday, September 30th at 11:59 PM. The presenting author of accepted abstracts will be notified with further event details and presentation instructions by October 22nd.
Presentations will be organized by scholarly categories. For further questions, please contact Dr. Steven Schmidt (email@example.com).
Office of Research & Sponsored Programs and Committee for Student Clinical Research Planning Committee
Steven P. Schmidt, PhD
Vice President for Research
Dean of the College of Graduate Studies
Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences