Effective July 1, 2016, the Office of Academic Support officially changed its name to the Learning Center.
In identifying opportunities for enhanced services and resources, it was deemed necessary to make this name change to better align with the future goals and vision of the office. Overall, the core responsibilities and services provided by the respective employees are unchanged, however future additions and enhancements will continually be explored. We hope that this name change also assists the campus community in understanding how the Learning Center collaborates with all NEOMED stakeholders to achieve the university’s mission.
Did you know the Learning Center ______________?
- is located within Student Affairs, on the 2nd floor of “B” building?
- provides academic intervention tools that assist students in gaining personal insight, setting academic goals, developing a plan, and achieving academic success?
- focuses on maintaining a climate of trust, support, and intellectual curiosity?
- works collaboratively within and beyond Student Affairs, and with NEOMED faculty to promote opportunities to support student success?
- conducts workshops and organizes tutoring services throughout the academic year to assist our students with their academic development?
- develops and conducts summer Prematriculation activities, which include a series of workshops at NEOMED?
- has employees who are active within numerous NEOMED and accreditation committees?
- coordinates the requests for accommodations from students with a documented disability?