This telementoring session will help medical professionals understand how personal growth can be experienced as a result of a crisis or traumatic event. The session will focus on positioning the theory of post traumatic growth as a complement to post traumatic stress and how to use the traumatic event as a catalyst for positive change. Participants will learn post traumatic growth's role in resilience and how to use a traumatic event as a catalyst for positive change.
WHEN: Wednesday, May 27 from noon to 1:30 p.m.
Nichole Ammon, M.S.Ed., LPCC-S, Department of Psychiatry - Northeast Ohio Medical University
- Jennifer Dougall, Ph.D., Professional Clinical Counselor – Northeast Ohio Medical University
- Sara Dugan, Pharm.D., BCPS, Mental Health Pharmacist – Northeast Ohio Medical University
- David Sharp, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, School of Health Sciences – Kent State University
- Douglas Smith, M.D., Psychiatrist and Interim Chair – Northeast Ohio Medical University
- Joseph Zarconi, M.D., Nephrologist and Medical Director of COVID-19 at NEOMED – Northeast Ohio Medical University