This ECHO session for medical professionals will discuss the very real and diagnosable topic of loneliness as we navigate COVID. Guest speaker, David Sharp, Ph.D., will review the social origins of loneliness, the impact of isolation and loneliness on physical and mental health, and considerations for the health care provider post pandemic.
WHEN: May 13 from noon to 1:30 p.m.
WHERE: Via Zoom
Nichole Ammon, M.S.Ed., LPCC-S, Department of Psychiatry-Northeast Ohio Medical University
- Jennifer Dougall, Ph.D., Professional Clinical Counselor – Northeast Ohio Medical University
- Sara Dugan, Pharm.D., BCPS, Mental Health Pharmacist – Northeast Ohio Medical University
- David Sharp, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, School of Health Sciences – Kent State University
- Douglas Smith, M.D., Psychiatrist and Interim Chair – Northeast Ohio Medical University
- Russell Spieth, Ph.D., Managing Director of Mental Health and Campus Safety – Northeast Ohio Medical University
- Joseph Zarconi, M.D., Nephrologist and Medical Director of COVID-19 at NEOMED – Northeast Ohio Medical University