Are you prepared for mass casualty event? Probably not so get prepared with Summa Health Simulation Team!
Emergency physicians, trauma surgeon and EMS providers from Level 1 Trauma Centers will be present to give morning lectures and instructions on medical equipment use; this is a ONCE in a lifetime educational event.
- University Hospital's MedEvac will be on scene to discuss their role in disaster preparedness and give students a tour of the medical helicopter!
- Learn about the triage system used in mass casualties, tourniquet placement, cervical collars and backboards, and other medical equipment!
- Regardless of your specialty, you must prepare for disaster! Recent hurricanes and mass shootings have reminded us!
- The assistant chief of EMS at Rootstown Fire Department will be present to discuss their role in disasters!
- Get certified in Stop the Bleed!
- Lifesaving Skills will be taught!
WHEN: Saturday, Nov. 2 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
WHERE: Meshel Hall area
-Submitted to Presence; Hosted by the Emergency Medicine Interest Group (EMIG)