Investigators, post docs and graduate students are invited to join Dr. Rebecca German and the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs for an introductory NIH Grantsmanship Workshop Series. The workshops are intended to provide information on the grants submission process – from idea generation to getting it submitted, to what happens after submission.
WHEN: Thursday, Nov. 8 at 11 a.m.
Introductory NIH Grantsmanship Workshops Series - First Workshop
- Intro to NIH
- What is NIH? What is the mission of NIH?
- What are the different parts of NIH?
- Why do these parts matter to me and my proposal?
- What is an IC? What is a Study Section?
- How do I know if they want my proposal?
- NIH doesn’t fund everything, and the first step is to figure out if NIH is interested in your ideas.
- What else has NIH funded in this area – how to use RePORTER.
- What kinds of specific opportunities exist? (RFA’s)
- Who to talk to at NIH?
- Before you write a proposal?
- How do I find the people to talk to? How best to communicate with them?
- What other help is available to me?
-Submitted by Rebecca Hayes