New to website editing at NEOMED? Need a refresher? Looking to learn more about best practices? We’ve got the NEOMED website training for you!
thunder::tech, the Office of Marketing and Communications website partner, will be onsite for an interactive, hands-on training session for individuals who’s roles entail managing website content on NEOMED.edu.
Join us for one of the following two sessions, located in the library RDEC room by emailing Diana Dillon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited to 35 for each session.
- Monday, March 30: 10 a.m.-noon
- Monday, March 30: 1-3 p.m.
- Supervisors, department chairs or directors must approve web editor roles within their respective areas.
- Accessibility to the NEOMED website is complex, therefore access will not be given to anyone new, who does not attend a thunder::tech training.
- You will be provided with a user name and password a few days prior to your scheduled class date.
- Computers are available in the RDEC – however feel free to bring your laptop.
- Bring your questions – help is available.
- Linking & Content (Reducing duplications)
- Images – Editing, resizing and publishing
Intro to Wordpress
- Your templates and layout options
- Adding your Site Content
- Adding Content with the Visual Editor
- Switching to the Text Editor
- Adding Images & Other Media
- Adding HTML Links
- Inserting Links to Media Files
- Editing Existing Content
- Deleting Content
- Saving and Publishing content
- Scheduling content
- Viewing a File in the Media Library
- Adding a File to the Media Library
- Editing the File Properties
—Submitted by Diana Dillon