As a part of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM) 2020 and NEOMED's ongoing information security awareness efforts, NEOMED IT personnel will be conducting a reoccurring webinar throughout the month of October with the goal of enabling each of us to be more safe and secure online and how we manage our information.
This approximately 45-minute webinar is intended those who are unaware of what cybersecurity is, those who would like a basic refresher of cybersecurity, or those simply curious about cybersecurity and what we can all do about it.
The webinar will cover the following topics:
- An overview of what cybersecurity is;
- Why we should care about it both here and outside of the University.
- The types of cyber attacks that exist - Examples of cyber attacks, both at and outside of the University;
- Basic cybersecurity best practices; and
- An outline of what the rest of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month will look like here at NEOMED.
Upon registration and capacity permitting, an invite to the Webinar will be sent to you. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest!
WHEN: Wednesday, Oct. 14 from 11-11:45 a.m.
-Submitted by Jonathan Wagner