The Fellowship in Academic Medicine 2020 Teaching Track culminated in the 5th Annual FAME Academic Day on Friday, Oct. 9, 2020. Academic Day opened with a keynote address via Zoom by Dr. Joseph Zarconi, Professor and Chair, Internal Medicine, and Senior Associate Dean for Health Affairs. Ten graduating Fellows then presented their longitudinal curriculum projects to faculty reviewers that included co-course directors Maria Ramundo, M.D. M.S. Ed., and Janel Koellner, M.A. Ed., and guest reviewers Margy Sanders, M.A., L.S.W., and Wendy Withey, M.S.H.P.E. The curriculum projects are designed by Fellows’ to meet a specific need in their residency programs or teaching obligations and span a wide range of topics and disciplines.
Fellowship in Academic Medicine 2020 Teaching Track Graduates:
- Kathleen Fay M.D., Summa Health Akron City Hospital, Family Medicine Center
- Lewis Alain Humble, M.D., Canton Medical Education Foundation, Internal Medicine
- Danielle Klima, D.O., Akron Children's Hospital, Pediatric Hospital Medicine
- Louise Kolarik, M.D., Aultman Family Medicine Residency
- Shawna Koprucki, M.D., Mercy Health Boardman Family Medicine Residency
- Hannah Logsdon, D.O., Summa Health Akron City Hospital, Family Medicine Center
- Christopher Sarkis, M.D., Akron Children's Hospital Medical Education
- Andrea Shaull, LPCC, LICDC, Summa Health Akron City Hospital, Family Medicine Center
- Diana Tec, D.O., Aultman Hospital Family Medicine
- Laura Wingert, M.D., Akron Children's Hospital, Medical Education
These newest graduates join over 250 FAME alumni that span the past 30 years that the program has been offered at NEOMED.
Learn more about becoming a member of the next cohort of FAME graduates.
-Submitted by Janel Koellner