Dear Faculty and Staff:
2021 has been an exceptional year, and our NEOMED community has been remarkable in its learning, teaching, and working as one University. Our commitment and unity have optimized our safety as well as helped to further cement the sustainability of our University. I truly appreciate all of your hard work and support during these challenging times.
So much has been accomplished this year. While we continued to adhere to COVID-19 precautionary practices recommended by the CDC and the state of Ohio, we:
- remained steadfast with quality improvement initiatives related to the LCME site visit,
- moved forward with our 2020-2025 Strategic Plan, creating transformational leaders through the work of over 100 community members,
- launched new graduate studies programs and enhanced collaborations in research,
- worked with clinical partners to secure training opportunities for our students,
- made positive changes to our campus diversity,
- empowered employees ―nearly 200 of them ― through Lean Six Sigma Yellow and Green Belt training,
- were proactive in our safety measures with initiatives like our Choice Program which provides a “return to normalcy” option, and
- we successfully challenged ourselves to find more ways to save and reinvest those funds into our people and our University.
As a way to say “thank you” for your continued commitment and contributions, NEOMED wants you to take some time to relax and enjoy family and friends during the holiday season. The University will again be engaged in reduced operations for two weeks, beginning Monday, Dec. 20, 2021, and continuing through Friday, Dec. 31, 2021. NEOMED will resume full operations Monday, Jan. 3, 2022. During this time, we strongly encourage employees to use three days of vacation or compensatory time ― Monday, Dec. 20 through Wednesday, Dec. 22 ― which when combined with three approved days of holiday leave and four days of winter break leave, will give you a full two-week break.
Department supervisors will work with those employees who are required to be on campus during this period. Closer to the holiday, payroll will provide specific details on how to report all leave on your timesheets. Please contact human resources with any questions regarding eligibility or other details.
Please know that I am thankful for all that you do.
John T. Langell