I am happy to announce an outstanding opportunity from Akron Children’s Hospital for current third year medicine students who plan to practice general pediatrics. Akron Children’s Hospital will provide a generous award that will cover all tuition and fees for the recipients’ third and fourth year of medical school. In exchange for the award, the recipient will commit to providing two years of service through employment by Akron Children’s Hospital (post-residency training) in general pediatrics.
The award amount received shall be treated as a forgivable loan, provided that for each month of student’s employment by Akron Children’s Hospital in fulfillment of the work commitment, one month’s amortization payment shall be forgiven (additional details found in loan agreement and promissory note). If awarded, the Office of Financial Aid will quickly work with you regarding your financial aid package for the current, 2020-2021 academic year.
Application Deadline: Sunday, May 23
- Current M3 student who plans to practice general pediatrics.
- Student must have student loan debt from their educational costs from the NEOMED College of Medicine program.
Supporting Documents: A letter of recommendation from a pediatrics clerkship site director. In the event a pediatrics clerkship is not completed at the time of application, a letter from the Assistant Dean of Students within the College of Medicine will suffice. The letter of recommendation should address the student’s commitment and readiness to practice as a pediatric doctor.
Applicants: Please submit the completed application (attached) and the letter of recommendation to:
- Via email ‐ firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Upload on Banner Self Service
- Select Personal Information from the menu, and then select Secure Document Upload. Choose FA Scholarship Application as type of document, then press submit. A green box will appear in the upper right corner to let you know that your document was submitted successfully.
- Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com. We would highly encourage all eligible students to apply.
Financial Aid Team - Michael, Sarah, Susan, and Jim
-Submitted by Sarah Moore