The Physicians of Tomorrow Scholarship program offers seven national awards and two regional award, all awards valued at $10,000 (with the exception of one award which is $5,000), to rising fourth year College of Medicine students. These are outstanding opportunities and we have had multiple NEOMED students receive these prestigious awards. Please reach out to me with any questions that you may have.
There is a nomination process for the awards and NEOMED is only able to nominate a specific number of students per award. While you can apply internally for multiple awards, ultimately you can only be nominated for one. Only medical students who will be entering their fourth year in the fall of 2021 are eligible to apply.
We ask that interested students provide the below application materials by the end of the day on Monday, Feb. 15. You will need to submit a letter of recommendation and I would highly recommend that you ask your reference as soon as possible to provide them with ample time to write the letter.
The Dean’s designee will select nominees for each award and then the nominees will work with the office of financial aid to complete your application by the deadline of March 31, 2021.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org in one application packet:
• CV or resume;
• Personal statement outlining your career goals in the field of medicine. Please review specific award criteria below and craft your essay so that it meets the mission of the award(s);
• Letter of recommendation from a faculty member at NEOMED. Please review specific award criteria below and share with your reference so that they may craft your letter so that it meets the mission of the award(s); and
• Please indicate which award(s) you would like to be considered for in the body of your email with your application submission.
AMAF Physicians of Tomorrow Scholarship Program
General Eligibility Requirements
• Must be nominated through the medical school dean's office or the dean's designate.
• All nominees must be rising final year students (third year students who are approaching their final year of medical school, set to graduate in May 2022).
• Must be currently enrolled in an accredited U.S. allopathic or osteopathic medical school.
• Must be permanent residents or citizens of the United States.
• *Note that AMA membership or non-membership is not taken into consideration at all when determining the recipients.
In addition to the criteria inherent to all Physicians of Tomorrow scholarships listed above, nominees must meet the following requirements for each of the following $10,000 scholarship awards.
AMAF Physicians of Tomorrow Scholarship Program List (attachment).
-Submitted by Sarah Moore