The NEOMED Foundation Board and the NEOMED Alumni Association Board are each seeking two students to serve as Student Invitees. Interested NEOMED students are now able to apply for these “Student Invitee” positions. Each board will select one representative from the College of Medicine and one representative from the College of Pharmacy. Student Invitees will serve one-year terms, effective immediately upon selection, and ending on October 1, 2019. The terms will be renewable up to one time through a joint decision by the Office of Student Affairs and the respective board.
NEOMED Foundation Board:
Student Invitees of the NEOMED Foundation Board will provide a very important service to the student bodies they represent. Student Invitees will attend the quarterly NEOMED Foundation Board meetings and serve in the following ways:
• They will be liaisons between the NEOMED Foundation Board and their respective college student bodies, with the requirement of reporting significant fundraising statistics and news at their class meetings.
• They will work with NEOMED Student Council to include their informational fundraising report in the NSC newsletter at least twice during their terms.
• They will be asked to provide NEOMED Foundation Board Directors with informal input before, during or after the board meetings, when Directors have questions about what students may think about particular issues.
• They will be asked to participate in group discussions with NEOMED Foundation Board Directors at board meetings.
• They may be asked to work with the Division of Advancement on surveying current students on pertinent fundraising issues.
• They will be asked to attend at least one fundraising event or meeting with existing or potential donors to share their stories and encourage people to support the NEOMED Foundation.
Although these are non-voting positions, Student Invitees will be informed about major long-term funding issues which affect their student experience and the experiences of future NEOMED classes.
There will be a total of four Foundation Board Meetings throughout the term year. The meetings start at 8 a.m. and will end at 9:30 a.m. The suggested arrival time is 7:45 a.m. to allow for informal networking and refreshments. Unless otherwise indicated, all meetings will be held in Cook Alumni Hall on the second floor of the NEW Center. Elected Student Invitees are strongly encouraged to attend all four NEOMED Foundation Board meetings.
Expected 2018-19 NEOMED Foundation Board Meetings:
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018
- Wednesday, February 20, 2019
- Wednesday, May 15, 2019
- Wednesday, August 14, 2019
NEOMED Foundation Board Application Process:
- Students who are interested in these important volunteer positions are encouraged to submit application materials by September 30, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
- Complete the online application.
- Submit a one-page personal statement explaining (1) why you are interested in the position, and (2) fundraising involvement/experience in and outside of student organizations
- Send CV to Harmony Stanger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions, please contact Michael Wolff, Office of Advancement at email@example.com.
Submitted by Harmony Stanger