The NEOMED University Scholarship and Awards Committee is seeking three students (one from each of the University’s Colleges) to represent their college from a student perspective. Interested NEOMED students are now able to nominate themselves to serve a one-year, non-voting term effective immediately upon selection. Your term will expire on July 30, 2019.
The University Scholarship and Awards Committee serves a vital role in the administration of the financial aid program at NEOMED. Highlights of the committee’s work includes:
- Works with the Director of Financial Aid in establishing policies and procedures in the administration of financial aid to NEOMED students under the guidelines set forth by the U.S. Department of Education;
- Reviews applications for merit-based financial awards and makes recommendations on recipients;
- Provides recommendations and works with financial aid staff at NEOMED in disseminating information on financial aid to enrolled students; and,
- Reviews appeals for Satisfactory Academic Progress to determine student’s continual eligibility for financial aid.
Although these are non-voting positions, student members will play a pivotal role in bringing concerns from their classmates to the committee and offer suggestions as to best articulate financial aid offerings and policies to the students.
The University Scholarship and Awards Committee meets three times per year; meetings will not exceed two hours in length (unless otherwise announced). Anticipated timeframes of the meetings are:
- Fall meeting tentatively set for October
- Spring meeting tentatively set for April
- Summer meeting tentatively set for July
To qualify, students must:
- Be in their second, third or fourth year of study.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Be able to demonstrate confidentiality in the information discussed during these meetings.
Students who are interested in these important volunteer positions are encouraged to:
- Submit a one-page personal statement explaining (1) why you are interested in the position and (2) how you would contribute to the committee on behalf of your fellow students; and,
- A copy of your CV.
The deadline for submitting materials is Friday, September 14th. Materials may be submitted to Michael Kempe, Director of Financial Aid at email@example.com.
Please contact Michael Kempe at x6481 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
-Submitted by Michael Kempe