Changes in University Processing of Workers' Compensation

I hope the new year is treating you well. I wanted to take a moment to inform you of a process change involving NEOMED’s administration of our Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) injury/ illness claims. Effective immediately, all new BWC claims will be administered by Human Resources. Human Resources will be your conduit for filing and managing employee claims, including all interaction with NEOMED’s MCO (medical management) and the BWC (financial compensation). Please contact Karen Tomlinson at 330.325.6727 if you require assistance with filing a new claim. EOHS will continue to provide support to HR to manage any current claims.

What will remain the same, however, is that all work -related injuries, illness, and near misses should be reported to the office of Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety (EOHS) as soon as possible (but no later than 24 hours) after an injury. Your immediate supervisor should be notified as well. You should not leave work for the day without reporting your injury to EOHS and/ or your supervisor unless it is an emergency. NEOMED requires the completion of the NEOMED Accident Report Form for any work-related incident. The form can be accessed HERE. This form meets the requirements for OSHA reporting and completion of the OSHA 300 logs required by law.

After completing the top portion of this form, the employee should give the form to their supervisor to complete the middle section. The supervisor should forward the signed form to EOHS for accident investigation and recording. Should the accident result in an injury/ illness that requires medical attention, the necessary information will be forwarded to HR, who will then handle the processing of your BWC claim.

You may direct any questions regarding this post to Mechelle Gehle-Wann at

-Submitted by Mechelle Gehle-Wann

Share this post