Congratulations to the Class of 2021 M1 Teacher of the Year awardee, Dana Peterson, Ph.D., associate professor of anatomy and neurobiology. Each year before students begin their second year in the College of Medicine, they vote on a faculty member who has enriched their medical education to be presented with the honor.
The College of Medicine Class of 2021 described Dr. Peterson as someone who:
- "Has always shown a genuine interest in trying to make sure everyone in the class can succeed."
- "Consistently went above and beyond in Medical Neuroscience and Human Development and Structure courses to help out students."
- "Gives lectures in a fun and interesting way that makes it easy to learn."
- "Is always available for extra help and goes above and beyond to make sure her students are learning and getting the help they need."
- "Has been the best, most influential professor I’ve ever had."
Dr. Peterson was honored on Monday, Aug. 20, during the second-year College of Medicine students’ orientation.
Dr. Peterson is pictured above with second-year College of Medicine students Saeed Khoncarly and Timothy Fischer.
-Submitted by Harmony Stanger