Whether you’re curious about a ketogenic diet or just looking for a yummy summer dish, this recipe should do the trick. Read insights into the keto diet by NEOMED researcher Denise Inman, Ph.D., in the Spring 2019 Ignite magazine.
Reprinted from diethood.com
3 avocados, halved, pits removed, flesh scooped out, reserve shells
Fresh lime juice
3 hard-boiled eggs, diced
4 slices turkey bacon, cooked to a crisp and crumbled
2 green onions, thinly sliced, white parts only (reserve green parts for garnish)
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
⅓ cup plain yogurt
Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Place avocado flesh in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Squeeze lime juice inside of the scooped-out avocado shells and set aside.
- Add diced eggs, crumbled bacon, sliced green onions, feta cheese, salt and pepper to the mixing bowl.
- Using the back of a fork or a potato masher, start mashing and folding the salad until a thick mixture forms.
- Stir in the yogurt; taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Add prepared avocado filling to scooped avocado shells. Pile it high.
- Garnish with green onions, chopped bacon, and parsley.