The Office of Financial Aid is pleased to announce the start of the application process for the Downing Urban Health M.D. Scholarship. This outstanding scholarship opportunity will award a NEOMED-CSU Partnership for Urban Health program M4 student a $10,000 scholarship. Recipients must match in a primary care residency training program. Primary care is defined as Family Medicine, Pediatrics, or Internal Medicine.
Students planning to match in one of the primary care programs listed are highly encourage to apply for this generous scholarship. This scholarship would make a significant impact on overall student loan indebtedness and depending on current financial aid eligibility, could assist with upcoming residency relocation costs.
Deadline: March 1, 2021
- M4 NEOMED-CSU Partnership for Urban Health students (Class of 2021);
- Recipients must match in primary care residency training program. Primary care is defined as Family Medicine, Pediatrics, or Internal Medicine;
- The Committee will only review the applications for those applicants that did match in Family Medicine, Pediatrics, or Internal Medicine.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing; and
- Applicants must demonstrate a financial need.
- Calculation for financial need is Cost of Attendance minus Expected Family Contribution equals Financial Need. If Financial Need is a positive number, then a financial need has been demonstrated. Applicants can contact Financial Aid if they are unsure if they demonstrate a financial need.
- 2020-2021 FAFSA completed and sent to NEOMED;
- CV or resume; and
- One page essay describing your passion and desire to practice in an urban or rural setting as a primary care physician.
Please review the application for submission details. Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to the Office of Financial Aid: firstname.lastname@example.org
-Submitted by Sarah Moore