We appreciate your assistance in helping to close the fiscal year quickly and accurately by adhering to the following year-end timeline. In preparing for the FY20 year-end close, please note the following deadlines:
- FY20 purchase requisitions will be processed through Friday June 12th. These should only be processed for goods or services that are expected to be received by June 30. If there is a need for a PO after this date for goods or services expected to be delivered by June 30, please call 6802 to discuss. (FY21 purchase requisitions can be entered in Banner starting Wednesday July 1st)
- For grants only: If redistributions of salaries are needed for FY20, please have all properly signed and approved Labor Distribution Forms (LDFs) to HR by Monday, June, 15.
- If you have prepared an invoice to bill an outside customer, please have copies of all customer invoices to Accounting by noon on Tuesday, June 30.
- Please have any deposits to the Accounting office by noon on Tuesday, June 30.
- All June P-Card statements should be reviewed and approved by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, July 1. If you will be out of the office that week, please approve transactions before leaving.
- FY20 charge backs should be received by the Accounting office by Monday, July 6.
- For grants only: All expenditures charged to grants should be reviewed for appropriateness; any needed corrections or adjustments can be made via the Cost Transfer Form for Grants and should be received in the Grants Accounting office by Wednesday, July 8.
- Equipment disposal forms should be submitted to accounting by Monday, July 6 for all equipment being disposed of by June 30.
- For grants only: January through June time and effort reports should be received in the Grants Accounting office by Friday, July 10.
- FY20 invoices from vendors should be received by the accounting office by Friday, July 10. If you are waiting for an invoice from a vendor, please call the vendor for the invoice. FY20 invoices (services performed by June 30 or goods received by June 30) cannot be charged to FY21 (even if the invoice is paid in FY21). They must be accrued (expensed) in the correct year.
- All FY20 check requests, petty cash reimbursements, honoraria and travel/expense reimbursements should be received by the accounting office by Friday, July 17.
- For grants only: If you have been awarded a grant in FY20 and have not yet received an index number, please contact Marissa Shepherd at ext. 6371
If you have any questions regarding these FY20 due dates, please call Jacky Kovach at ext. 6369. Thank you for your assistance.
Jacalyn Kovach, MBA
Director of Accounting and Budget