Continuing upon the initiative introduced in Fall 2016, the Government Affairs department has scheduled several upcoming update sessions for all faculty, staff, and researchers.
As a recap for new employees and those who were not able to attend previous meetings, the goals for this initiative are included below:
- Inform campus population of what the Government Affairs department is working on in Columbus and local communities, as well as its general role on campus;
- Learn more about what faculty, staff, and researchers are currently working on at NEOMED. By doing so, this may allow for more dialogue on potential collaborative opportunities on the local and state levels related to campus populations’ respective work; and
- Build new and better relationships with all campus populations at NEOMED.
The department would like these updates to be informal dialogues. Your feedback is welcome at any time, whether in the meetings or throughout the year, to assist as the department strives to continuously improve as the local, state and federal government resource for all individuals on campus.
To be discussed during the Fall 2017 updates:
- Governor/Administration overview
- House overview
- Senate overview
- Next steps
- Capital Bill
- 2018 Governor’s Race
- Feedback from group/projects the Government Affairs department should be aware of
- Wednesday, September 20: 12:30 – 2 pm; NEW Center Room 2017/2018
- Thursday, October 5: 12:30 – 2 pm; RDEC (NOTE: New location)
- Monday, October 16: 3 – 4:30 pm; Robert E. Stockdale Boardroom
Please RSVP no later than one week prior to your preferred date. All RSVPs may be directed to Amanda Filippi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330.325.6344.
If you have any questions, please contact John Stilliana or Amanda Filippi. Thank you for your consideration in participating in this briefing.