According to the American Red Cross, sudden cardiac arrest is one of the leading causes of death in the U.S.—and it can happen to anyone. An automated external defibrillator (AED) is the only effective treatment for restoring a regular heart rhythm during sudden cardiac arrest. This tool is easy to operate, even by someone with no medical background.
AEDs are located in five places across campus. Remember these locations; an AED can help save a life!
- near P-36 (Physical Plant)
- across from A-200 (second floor of the A building)
- adjacent to F-233 (second floor of the F building)
- next to R-158 in Campbell Atrium
- in Sequoia Wellness Center, near the locker room entrance