NEOMED is continuing to work on its new academic calendar and curriculum initiative, that is set to begin on June 1, 2019. It is vital for the NEOMED campus community to be aware of changes to the academic calendar, as it will impact all students, faculty and staff in some form.
Please be aware of some of the key changes to the new academic calendar that will begin in June:
- The M1/M2s will start in late July instead of late August (August is no longer an "off month".).
- The White Coat Ceremonies are currently on the same day in mid-to-late September. Under the new calendar, the ceremonies will be held on separate dates and COM will be the Friday following orientation and COP will be the Friday of orientation (In 2019, the COM White Coat will occur on Aug. 2 with the COP White Coat on Aug. 23).
- The winter break for students will increase from 2 to 3 weeks.
- Beginning in 2020, Spring break is shifting from April to early-March
- Also beginning in 2020, Commencement for all three colleges will be held on the first Saturday of May, rather than the third.
Please check the NEOMED website for additional information, as well as future updates in The Pulse.
-Submitted by Geri Hein, who serves as project manager for the Revitalized Academic Calendar and Curriculum Initiative committee