Graduating medical students can receive up to $120,000 in loan repayment!
The 2020 National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Students to Service Loan Repayment Program is now open and will close on Thursday, October 31 at 7:30 p.m. ET. Want to apply? Read the 2020 Application and Program Guidance* carefully before you start your application.
About the Program
Provides up to $120,000 (tax free) to medical (M.D. and DO) or dental (D.D.S. or D.M.D.) students in their final year of school in return for a commitment to provide primary health care full-time for at least 3 years or part-time for six years at an approved NHSC site in a Health Professional Shortage Area of greatest need.
- Students applying to the program must be U.S. citizens or nationals and enrolled or accepted in an eligible medical or dental degree program at a U.S. accredited school.
- Installments are paid to students annually in a lump sum which, when applied to qualified health professional student loans, can significantly lower the overall debt by reducing accrued loan interest amounts.
- NHSC S2S LRP award recipients are eligible to continue service through the NHSC Loan Repayment Program, and could potentially pay off all of their educational debt with continued service at an approved NHSC site.
Interested applicants are encouraged to participate in one of these application events:
Wednesday, Oct. 9 fron 4-5 p.m. ET
4:00 – 5:00 p.m. ET
Dial in number: 800.857.1286
Q & A Session
Wednesday, Oct. 16 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET & 28
Q & A Session
Monday, Oct. 28 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET
- Application and Program Guidance*
- Fact Sheet*
- Search for NHSC-approved sites on the Health Workforce Connector
-Submitted by Sarah Moore