The NEOMED Police Department (NPD) is actively investigating several reports of theft from offices on campus. The incidents appear to have occurred this week. While the overall incidents of crime are low on the NEOMED campus, NPD reminds the campus community that crime prevention is everyone’s responsibility.
What can you do?
- Lock desk drawers (if possible)
- Lock office doors
- Do not leave valuables in plain sight and unattended (in offices, study rooms, hallways, etc.)
- Maintain a list of serial numbers
- If you see something, say something
- Access to the main campus buildings is restricted to NEOMED ID card holders – do not hold the door open for someone who does not have a badge
Theft of property or services under the amount of $1000 is a misdemeanor of the first degree and is punishable by a fine and/or jail time.
Please report all incidents of crime to NPD immediately by calling 330.325.5911.
-Submitted by Kali Meonske