Through the RAPIDS program, the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) will make strategic regional investments in equipment and facilities to develop and support postsecondary institutions’ workforce development projects that enhance the economic growth of students and businesses. Successful proposals will:
- Use state-level data to identify one to three targeted regional industries with in-demand occupations. Areas of investment with the opportunity to impact Ohio’s economy broadly include additive manufacturing, robotics, and cybersecurity.
- Provide sufficient documents demonstrating business/industry support for the proposed program(s).
- Develop a plan to address gaps in workforce preparation related to the selected industries and in-demand occupations.
- Identify equipment that must be purchased to support the plan.
- Clearly explain how equipment will enable a variety of students to acquire career skills through credit and/or non-credit courses and programs.
Proposals are submitted via regional collaboration. If you are interested in applying as a part of the Northeast Ohio region, please contact email@example.com so that we can put you in contact with the lead institution's representative.
Additional information and guidelines can be found at ohiohighered.org/rapids or ohiohighered.org/sites/default/files/uploads/rapids/RAPIDS_2021-RFP_031221.pdf.
-Submitted by Rebecca Hayes