As the COVID-19 outbreak continues, we all need to find ways to get through the uncertainty and unexpected changes.
As always, NEOMED directs the University community to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for reference on COVID-19.
In addition, following are resources suggested by the Jed Foundation. While this New York-based foundation focuses on the mental health concerns of teens and young adults, the resources it lists below also extend to include higher education administrators.
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has guidance on managing mental health and coping during COVID-19 for children and caregivers, as well as guidance for higher education administrators.
- The Child Mind Institute has published a resource on how to talk to young people about COVID-19.
- The Hope Center has outlined resources for supporting college students during this crisis.
- The American College Health Association has created a guide to help college health staff and campus administrators address COVID-19 on campus.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has information on travel, media resources, and other research on COVID-19.
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America Psychologist Jelena Kecmanovic provides some science-based strategies and tips for coping with COVID-19 anxiety.
Services Available for NEOMED Students
The Center for Student Wellness and Counseling Services (CSWCS) remains open Monday -Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. The Center’s director, Jennifer Dougall, Ph.D., reminds students that in addition to counseling, alternative support services are available — a good option especially for those who not feeling physically well. Free self-help options are also available through TAO Connect for all students.
Students may make an appointment at the CSWCS by calling 330.325.6757 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Services Available for NEOMED Employees
Employees and each dependent are eligible for services through the University’s Employee Assistance Program offered through IMPACT Solutions. In addition, IMPACT Solutions has provided an Coronavirus Information Guide.