How can we make our community better?
That’s the question that NEOMED students and staff answer each year by volunteering for the University’s Spring Day of Service, an initiative of the Office of Student Affairs.
Here’s how they helped local service agencies throughout Northeast Ohio this year on Saturday, May 13:
- Painted and installed trim and wall socket frames for “Women Build Week” at Habitat for Humanity of Portage Country.
- Repackaged food for distribution at the Second Harvest Food Bank of the Mahoning Valley.
- Assisted the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank in sorting, inspecting and repackaging food donations that will provide meals to people struggling with hunger in our community.
- Helped at the Hospice of the Western Reserve.
- Aided in beautification work at the Cleveland Cultural Gardens.
Thank you to all who volunteered to help the Northeast Ohio community on this day—and to everyone who volunteers throughout the year.