Three months ago, NEOMED held its initial forum titled “Stand Up and Fight for Our Diverse Community.” While many conversations, plans and actions have taken place since, the University wanted to wait until most of the NEOMED community (including new students) returned to campus and were available to listen to the updates on the University’s actions and plans.
All are invited on Wednesday, Sept. 23, from 3-4:30 p.m., to join the original group of panelists via Zoom as they provide details regarding diversity, equity and inclusion; public safety; public health; and social justice. Each of the panelists will briefly provide updates on actions or plans that are taking place within their respective areas. The rest of this open and honest conversation – about 45 minutes – will then be up to attendees.
- Andre Burton, J.D., Vice President for Human Resources and Diversity
- Kali Meonske, Director of Public Safety/Chief of Police
- Amy Lee, M.D., M.P.H, Program Director, Consortium of Eastern Ohio Master of Public Health
- Julie M. Aultman, Ph.D., Director, Medical Ethics and Humanities Program
- Ruth H. Simera, M.Ed., LSW, Executive Director, Coordinating Centers of Excellence
- Sonja Harris-Haywood, M.D., Interim Associate Dean for Curriculum Integration, College of Medicine
- Joseph Zarconi, M.D., FACP., Clinical Director for Health Humanities Education Medical Director
To join, please access the password protected Zoom link distributed via an Outlook invite by the Office of the President.
—Submitted by Michelle Mulhern