The Office of Student Services held its fourth annual Student Leadership Awards ceremony Monday, April 22 in the NEW Center Grand Ballroom. Awards were presented to individual students, faculty/staff advisors and student organizations who have shown a strong commitment to community service, leadership and overall involvement in both the NEOMED and Northeast Ohio communities.
A total of 120 students, faculty and staff attended the ceremony, for which Youngstown State University President Jim Tressel provided the keynote address. Following are names of the faculty and students from the College of Medicine and College of Pharmacy who were honored.
- Medicine Peer Tutor of the Year Award – Courtney Kromer, M3 and Sara Post, M3
- Pharmacy Peer Tutor of the Year Award – Autumn Walkerly, P4
- Ethical Leader Award – Devin Walther, M4
- Outstanding Advisor Award – Craig Theissen, M.Ed./L.
- Diversity Student Organization of the Year Award – Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA)
- New Student Organization of the Year Award – Veterinary Pharmacy Club (VPC)
- Student Organization of the Year Award – Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA)
- Outstanding Student Leader Award – Trey Moberly, M2 and Shivali Singh, P3
— Submitted by Harmony Stanger