Students asked many questions at the Town Hall held Monday, Oct. 22 – so many that there wasn’t time to answer all of them. So, NEOMED leaders will answer the remaining questions from that event here and in future issues of The Pulse.
Q: As students, is it possible that we could get a more definitive timeline for the LCME process that will take place this spring?
A: Here is NEOMED’s timeline for LCME preparations.
- Nov. 2: Complete draft Data Collection Instrument
- Nov. 5-30: External Review of Data Collection Instrument; identify students, junior faculty, residents who will meet with survey team in March
- Dec. 1: Finalize Self-Study Report; identify other participants to meet with survey team in March
- Dec. 10: Finalize Data Collection Instrument; confirm hotel reservations for survey team
- Dec. 17: Upload all files to LCME (Data Collection Instrument with Appendices, Self-Study Report, ISA, 2018 GQ, Faculty Survey)
- Jan. 1-31, 2019: Finalize visit schedule with survey team secretary
- Jan. 14-15, 2019: Mock survey
- March 4, 2019: Provide Data Collection Instrument updates and any other requested data to survey team
- March 24-27, 2019: Survey visit
- Oct. 15-17, 2019: LCME Review Meeting; followed by notification of decision 1-3 weeks after meeting
– Allison Hawkes, M.D., director, accreditation and special projects, College of Medicine