It’s hard to believe, but the 2017-18 application cycle for financial aid consideration has begun! This marks a dramatic change to our previous cycles, due in part to changes to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students now have a longer period to complete all required documents needed to be considered for financial aid in the upcoming academic year.
The deadline to submit all documents is March 15, 2017.
For your assistance, tutorial videos are available to assist you with the process. All are located in the Financial Aid Resource Library.
- Financial Aid Application Cycle 2017-18, effective with the 2017/18 academic year cycle (6:23);
- NEOMED Financial Aid Application Process 2017-18 (11:32); and,
- Completing financial aid forms in Banner Self-Service (4:12) – changes have occurred to the look and feel as well as how to access these forms. Please review.
In addition, students new to completing a FAFSA may find our tutorial on helpful hints on completing the FAFSA (11:46) application helpful. This tutorial will provide you with a step by step guide on how to fill out the FAFSA and how to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool which will make the process faster for you.
To further assist you with the changes, NEOMED Financial Aid team members will be holding open lab sessions to provide personal assistance in completing all required forms. All sessions will be in F-118 from noon to 1 p.m. on the following days:
- Monday, October 24, 2016
- Thursday, November 10, 2016
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017
While the deadline is five months away, don’t delay in starting the process. As always, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 330.325.6286 if you have questions.
NEOMED Financial Aid Team,
-- Michael, Sarah and Susan