External Scholarship opportunity for College of Pharmacy students from GoodRx:
More and more, community pharmacies are seen as the front door to healthcare. Nobody is better suited to understand the common concerns of patients than the pharmacists and pharmacy technicians who see them day in and day out — but their value is often overlooked. Through this scholarship, GoodRx is providing financial assistance to students and recent graduates who are passionate about advocating for the role of the pharmacy profession in healthcare.
GoodRx will award $1,000 to the 10 most innovative ideas for using technology to improve current pharmacy practices and patient care.
The scholarship awards will be distributed as follows:
- Five current or recently graduated Doctor of Pharmacy students
- Five current or recently certified pharmacy technician students
- Be a Doctor of Pharmacy candidate in at least their first year of professional studies at an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy OR be currently enrolled in a pharmacy technician program or have received a pharmacy technician certification (CPhT) through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) within 6 months of the scholarship application deadline.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- March 24 - May 5, 2021: Applications open
- July 19, 2021: Winners notified
- Early August, 2021: Funds distributed to schools or individuals
The deadline to apply to the GoodRx Pharmacy Innovation Scholarship is Wednesday, May 5 at 3:00pm CT.
-Submitted by Sarah Moore