Beginning Tuesday, Oct. 1, John Langell, M.D., Ph.D., President Gershen’s successor, will embark on a six-month listening tour with NEOMED students, staff and faculty.
The tour will serve as a way for NEOMED’s seventh president to familiarize himself with the community he will lead.
“My listening tour will begin with you — NEOMED’s faculty, staff and students — on my very first day. While shaping and growing the future of NEOMED will be a journey, my hope is to learn what you believe makes NEOMED an outstanding institution and what is most important to you in shaping NEOMED’s future. I look forward to rolling up my sleeves and joining you in working to ensure we remain a patient-centered and world-class health sciences university while building a more vibrant and sustainable future,” said Dr. Langell.
Here is the first group of dates. Additional dates will be announced.
- Tuesday, Oct. 1, from 1-2:30 p.m., Watanakunakorn Auditorium
- Wednesday, Oct. 9, from 9-10:30 a.m., NEW Center Ballroom
- Thursday, Oct. 3, at noon, Cook Alumni Hall (P1 and P3)
- Rescheduled from Oct. 16:Thursday, Oct. 31, at noon, Cook Alumni Hall (P2)
- Wednesday, Oct. 23, at noon, Grand Ballroom (M1, M2 and P3)
*P3s – You may attend either the Oct. 3 or the Oct. 23 session, whichever better accommodates your schedule. Please only attend one session.
Rootstown Faculty – College of Pharmacy
- Wednesday, Oct. 9, from 2:30-4 p.m., Grand Ballroom
Rootstown Faculty – College of Medicine
- Tuesday, Oct. 1, from 3-4:30 p.m., Meshel Hall
- Wednesday, Oct. 9, from 4:30-6 p.m., College of Medicine conference room
RSVP by Monday, Sept. 30, to Christine Curry, special assistant to the president, at email@example.com.